Building 12 Demolition / General Update
Over the next two weeks, work is scheduled at the MIT.nano site to remove the bridge between Buildings 12 and 24. Some noise, dust, and vibration is expected. In the planning and execution of this work, crews are working to minimize these impacts.
- Building 12A demolition (end February) - Complete
- Building 24 bridge demolition (early March) - Complete
- Building 4 bridge demolition (early March) - Complete
- Building 12 demolition (mid-late March start)
- Building 16 basement ramp temporary closure between Buildings 26 & 16 (mid-March, 8 weeks)
Work hours for these activities will be 7 a.m. -3:30 p.m. Some noise, dust, and vibration is expected. Crews are working to minimize impacts, including misting the debris with water to mitigate dust and continuing the use of carbon filters on building air supply intakes to maintain air quality.
Removal of the bridge to Building 4
Building 16 Basement Ramp
The basement ramp between Buildings 26 and 16 is scheduled to close temporarily during the installation of new electrical circuits. The ramp will remain closed for approximately 8 weeks.
- Existing electrical feeds are cast in the ramp. The ramp will be demolished, existing feeds removed, and new conduit and conductors installed.
- Signs will direct pedestrians to alternate stairwells and elevators nearby. The single elevator immediately next to the closed ramp will remain available for individuals with disabilities only and is not available for commercial, freight, or pedestrian use.
March 6, 2015