MIT.nano—To facilitate productive and growing relationships between MIT.nano and corporate and industry member organizations from the U.S. and abroad. Will manage a portfolio of member organizations and develop an understanding of the strategic technology and business challenges of portfolio companies; maintain knowledge of MIT research, activities, and resources and accurately match them to the needs of MIT.nano member companies; maintain productive relationships and encourage collaboration with MIT departments, laboratories, and faculty; identify new opportunities for company-MIT interaction and collaboration; plan and execute a series of company-specific meetings and events with MIT faculty; proactively identify and bring developments and opportunities of potential value to the attention of member contacts; and participate in office-wide programs, conference development, faculty liaison activities, and other MIT.nano events.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the day-to-day steward of the MIT.nano Consortium.
- Collaborates with MIT.nano leadership to develop a strategy for our Consortium to support MIT.nano’s mission.
- Responsible for growing the depth and breadth of Members' engagement with MIT.nano.
- Must maintain a deep understanding of Members' needs and interests and of MIT research, activities and resources in order to identify opportunities for Member-MIT interaction and collaboration.
- Responsible for creating content-driven workshops, seminars, and professional development programs for Members based on the considerations of their interests.
- Responsible for implementing and managing the various programs with MIT.nano partners; programs may include engagement activities and events, and research-related activities and deliverables.
- Regularly monitors and reports on progress against the relationship engagement.
- Collaborates with MIT.nano technical and programs teams to deliver Consortium programming, support MIT.nano events and conferences, and contribute to existing and new initiatives that strengthen MIT.nano’s operations.
- Manages MIT.nano Member Portal on MIT.nano’s website which includes regularly updating the curated list of news and events, posting meeting notes and agendas, and creating new pages / content to increase the benefit and use of the portal.
- Other duties as needed or required.
Minimum Required Education and Experiences:
Bachelor’s degree; a minimum of four years relevant experience, including corporate relations and knowledge of the principles, concepts, and best practices for industry relations; ability to plan and execute events ranging from small meetings and workshops to large-scale events and conferences; experience developing effective communications and outreach strategies; must be able to initiate and develop strong professional relationships with corporate member leaders and deliver services and support; excellent interpersonal and communication skills; move from vision to strategy to operations with detailed execution; track record of functioning independently while contributing as a member of a larger team. Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
Preferred Education and Experiences:
Advanced degree; experience working in external relations.