We believe the relationship with our Member companies is symbiotic; the MIT community benefits in many ways from the engagement with our industry partners, including:
- Consortium membership fees support MIT.nano’s operation and provide funds needed for the upkeep and rejuvenation of the MIT.nano toolset.
- Technical engagement with Member scientists, engineers, and other employees provides a perspective on current industry challenges, opportunities, and potential for real-world impact.
- A visiting scientist from a Consortium member company can serve as a research advisor to our students, providing unique technical perspectives.
- Access to tools, processes, technologies, and expertise of our Member institutions.
- Career opportunities for MIT students, postdocs, and alumni.
- Engagement with, and support of, MIT startups.